Your stylist wants to give you exactly what you are asking for. But clients tend to forget to tell their stylist what they’ve used on their hair previously.
It is so important that your stylist knows what is on your hair and your previous hair history. Think of it as going to the doctor, you wouldn’t hide previous medical problems from the doctor would you? No! Because it could be dangerous and in this case life threatening to your hair. That is why it is vital for you to tell you stylist everything. If they don’t know, it can turn out for the worse, and no one wants that!
Lets go over the reasons why you should ALWAYS tell your stylist if you have used box color.
- Hair color may take differently or not at all!
- Box color can cause a chemical reaction in your hair (it literally can and will start to smoke)
- It also makes hair more susceptible to damage.
- You don’t know what chemicals the color is made up from…
- Speaking of which, every hair type is different. So one box color more than likely won’t always be your best option.
- And if you ever want to lighten your black/brown box colored hair, your $7.99 box is going to cost you more than $100 in a color correction because your hair will more than likely turn orange.
We only want the best for you and your hair.
Professional products and color are here for a reason. Consultations are free too, so why not just let the pros help you out?!